Talk to counsellors @ 9354344200 , 9315215980
If there is one pertinent issue that bothers almost all the aspirants it has to be current affairs. The prominence of current affairs has only increased with time. Current has a handsome stake in the preliminary stage of the exam and as far as the mains exam is concerned it is indispensable. There is no escaping from it even in the personality test.
Notwithstanding the importance of current affairs its preparation is perhaps the biggest challenge. Nearly all the aspirants understand and realize the importance of current affairs but are in a lot of vacillation regarding its preparation. This vacillation stems from the fact, that current topics are very dynamic in nature and there is no one source for its preparation. The biggest challenge that an aspirant encounters is perhaps the source and time challenge.
There are multiple news papers, magazines, notes, talk-shows etc. that an aspirant has to follow to keep track of all the current developments. This not only consumes a lot of time but also creates a lot of confusion in the minds of the aspirants. Questions galore for instance-
The answers to the above questions are often not very obvious. Current affairs offer an array of information and cover multiple dimensions. Compiling all this information becomes a humongous task. There is no gainsaying, that a herculean effort is required in developing an in-depth understanding of the current topics. However mere understanding is not sufficient, one should be able to utilize that understanding to enrich his/her preparation. This requires a lot of practice and a comprehensive coverage of all the current events
Keeping in mind the importance of current affairs in Civil Services Examination EDEN IAS presents its Current Affairs Module- WCR!!!.
WCR is an abbreviation for WEEKLY CURRENT ROUND-UP. It’s a current affairs class-room programmeconducted by EDEN IAS.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PROGRAMME
It’s a current affairs class room program conducted by EDEN IAS every week throughout the year. An aspirant can join the program by enrolling himself/herself anytime. The detailed structure of the program is as follows:-
1) WEEKEND CLASS– Every weekend a class shall be conducted in which all the issues of national and international importance that were in the news, during the preceding week, shall be discussed by the EDEN group of experts. The duration of the class would be approximately three hours.
2) THOROUGH AND COMPREHENSIVE COVERAGE OF ALL TOPICS- Focus would be on the comprehensive coverage of all the current issues. An in-depth and detailed analysis would be meticulously done, by the EDEN EXPERTS, for every topic in the class room. Wherein the context of the issue, why it is in news, its back ground, its relevance for the exam and the kinds of question it can generate both for the pre and the mains shall be discussed. The endeavor would be to help the aspirant develop a comprehensive and complete understanding of the issue.
3) SECTION-WISE COVERAGE– The current topics would be divided into different sections viz. ECONOMY, POLITY &GOVERNANCE, SCIENCE &TECHNOLOGY, SOCIETY &SOCIAL JUSTICE, RIGHTS ISSUES, INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS, INTERNAL SECURITY, DISASTER MANAGEMENT, ART AND CULTURE, ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY etc.
4) WCR-ENRICHMENT BOOKLET– A current affairs enrichment booklet shall be given to all the students enrolled under the WCR program after every class. The Booklet shall be prepared by the EDEN group of EXPERTS under the supervision, direction and control of the Director of EDEN IAS. The Booklet would be made after ransacking all the good and relevant newspapers, websites and magazines. Topics would be categorized under different heads and a thorough analysis would be done for every topic.
5) PRELIMS SUPPLEMENTS– After every class a prelims supplement leaflet would be given to all the students enrolled under the WCR program. The leaflet would be dealing with the current topics that were in news in the preceding week in an objective manner. In simple words preliminary questions and model answers on current topics would be provided every week.
6) MAINS ANSWER WRITING PRACTICE on CURRENT ISSUES –A Mains Test on current issues would be conducted every week for students enrolled under WCR. The syllabus of the test would be the current topics covered in the class during the previous week.
7) EVALUATED COPIES, FEEDBACK COMMENTS AND MODEL ANSWERS-The test papers would be evaluated by the EDEN group of experts. Model answers along with feedback comments shall also be provided for the questions asked in the current affairs test.
8) SCORE CARDS WOULD BE PROVIDED TO ASPIRANTS SO THAT THEY CAN TRACK THEIR PROGRESS-This will help the aspirants to keep a record of their progress and to understand where they stand with respect to other fellow aspirants.
9) REGULAR ONE –ON –ONE INTERACTION WITH THE FACULTIES- Aspirants would be given sufficient opportunity to interact with EDEN IAS faculties. This would help the aspirants to understand their mistakes more appropriately. It would also serve as a real-time feedback mechanism that would help the aspirants to master the art of mains answer writing on current issues.